General Assignment Reporter
Boulder Weekly is seeking a journalist to report on a wide range of topics, from county-wide politics to environmental issues, social injustice, education, culture and beyond.
Work closely with editorial staff to produce local high-quality journalistic content each week. The reporter will be expected to file one to two stories each week, working with an editor to shape stories before handing them off to production for layout. Reporter will be responsible for finding/capturing photos for their own stories. Reporter will help editorial staff put final edits on all stories in the paper before they are sent to the printer.
- 2+ years experience in professional journalism setting
- Find new stories and different angles about people and issues — municipal/county government, environment, culture, policy — that other news organizations have not reported
- Understanding of both narrative- and inverted pyramid-style journalism and when to employ each
- Open to edits and feedback
- Meet deadlines
- Interested in a wide variety of topics and willing to tackle unfamiliar subject matter
- Strong news judgment and a commitment to fairness
- Handle two or more original stories of varying lengths and duration at the same time
- Familiarity with social media and story promotion
- Work independently from a home office or remote location
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Work well in a collegial, cooperative team environment
- Manage workflow to meet deadlines
Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Required to be in-office four days a week, with the flexibility to work from home once a week.
$40K+, depending on experience
Email email@example.com with a resume and 3-5 clips of writing. No cover letter necessary, however, do write a short but detailed email explaining why you think Boulder Weekly would be a great fit for you. Deadline for applications is July 10 by midnight.
Editorial & Marketing Interns
Interns for the Fall, Summer & Winter semester(s) are needed on an ongoing basis for both the Editorial & Marketing departments at Boulder Weekly. College credit is available. Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (editorial) or email@example.com (marketing) for consideration. We will contact qualified candidates; no phone calls, please.
Advertising Account Executive
If you have the gift of sales and a willingness to work hard and think entrepreneurially, Boulder’s only independent media organization is ready to bring you into one of the most unique organizations in Colorado. Boulder Weekly is a progressive company dedicated to a set of principles that will give you something to sell that you can truly get behind. If this seems like a good fit to you, send your resume (PDF format, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact qualified candidates; no phone calls, please.
You’re retired, semi-retired and strike to stay physically active? Awesome! You too are perfect for this opportunity! Lucrative pay for Distributors part-time to deliver a great local WEEKLY on Thursdays during daylight hours. You have a medium to large auto? Great! You can thrive on dealing with the public cheerfully in thriving local business and are a self-starter? Yes! Contact email@example.com.