Boulder City Council
At the Feb. 1 meeting, Council will:
• Review a plan to redevelop a 448,668-square-foot site at 2952 Baseline Road, currently home to the Dark Horse. The new development would consist of four- to five- story buildings including commercial, hotel, restaurant and residential uses with 610 residential units.
• Hear an update from the City Manager on “all things downtown” including projects like revamping the bus station, refreshing the Pearl Street Mall ahead of its 50th anniversary and expanding the historic landmark from Glen Huntington Bandshell to the adjacent park.
• Hold a public hearing on the annexation of 5.3 acres of land at 5691 S. Boulder Road for residential use.
At the Feb. 8 study session, Council will:
• Meet for 3.5 hours for a staff presentation and discussion on homelessness strategy.
Boulder County Commissioners
• First-round interviews for Boulder County Coroner begin Feb. 6, following the January resignation of Emma Hall, who first took office in 2011. Hall resigned following an internal investigation that confirmed staff complaints of a negative work environment that included favoritism, antagonism and micromanagement. The new coroner will hold the office for the remainder of Hall’s term, which concludes in January 2027.
• Commissioners will also hold an in-person town hall (Feb. 8 at 5:30 p.m., location TBD) to discuss issues of concern for the community.